Moby has announced a new album called Reprise, an orchestral reimagining of songs from throughout his catalog. Arriving on May 28 via Deutsche Grammophon, the LP was made in collaboration with Hungary’s Budapest Art Orchestra and features guest appearances from Kris Kristofferson, Mark Lanegan, and Gregory Porter. Moby has also enlisted My Morning Jacket‘s Jim James for a new version of ‘Porcelain’. Check it out below and scroll down for the album’s tracklist.
“Sorry if this seems self-evident, but for me the main purpose of music is to communicate emotion, to share some aspect of the human condition to whomever might be listening,” Moby explained in a statement. “I long for the simplicity and vulnerability you can get with acoustic or classical music.”
The same day of the album’s release, a feature-length autobiographical documentary titled Moby Doc and featuring interviews with David Lynch, David Bowie, and Shepard Fairey will be out in cinemas as well as streaming services via Greenwich Entertainment.
2. Natural Blues (featuring Gregory Porter & Amythyst Kiah)
4. Porcelain (featuring Jim James)
5. Extreme Ways
6. Heroes (featuring Mindy Jones)
7. God Moving Over The Face of the Water (featuring Vikingur Ólafsson)
8. Why Does My Heart Feel So Bad (featuring Apollo Jane)
9. The Lonely Night (featuring Kris Kristofferson & Mark Lanegan)
10. We Are All Made of Stars
11. Lift Me Up
12. The Great Escape (featuring Nataly Dawn, Alice Skye, Luna Li)
13. The Last Day (featuring Skylar Grey & Darlingside)