The awards that celebrate the finest cultural experiences around the world has announced its nominees shortlist for 2018.
It is now the fifth year that the prestigious Leading Culture Destination Awards are running. The awards which have been labelled as the “The Oscars for Museums” are looking for another successful year, as they have once again chosen a range of great cultural destinations for everyone from all around the globe.
The nominees for the Leading Culture Destinations Awards 2018 are:
Leading Culture Destinations of the Year – Exhibition
- Keith Haring at Stedelijk Museum Amsterdam (Amsterdam, Netherlands)
- Philippe Parreno at Martin Gropius Bau (Berlin, Germany)
- Robert Rauschenberg: Among Friends at MOMA (New York, USA)
Leading Culture Destinations of the Year – Architecture
- Paracas Museum (Barclay & Crousse) (Paracas, Peru)
- YSL Museum (KO studio) (Marrakech, Morocco)
- Zeitz MOCAA (Heatherwick) (Cape Town, South Africa)
Leading Culture Destinations of the Year – Restaurant
- The Garden Café at Garden Museum (London, UK)
- Otium at Broad (Los Angeles, USA)
- Aura at National Gallery Singapore (Singapore)
Leading Culture Destinations of the Year – Shop
- Gallery & Co. at National Gallery Singapore (Singapore)
- V&A (London, UK)
- MUMOK (Vienna, Austria)
Leading Culture Destinations of the Year – Digital Experience
- Pepper programme at Smithsonian (Washington DC, USA)
- TeamLab Tokyo (Tokyo, Japan)
- Cooper Hewitt – Immersion Room (New York, USA)
New Culture Destinations of the Year – Europe
- The Marshall House (Reykjavik, Iceland)
- National Museum of Contemporary Art (Athens, Greece)
- Foundation Carmignac (Porquerolle Island, France)
New Culture Destinations of the Year – North America
- ICA at VCU (Richmond, USA)
- Remai Modern (Saskatoon, Canada)
- Museum of Contemporary Art (Toronto, Canada)
New Culture Destinations of the Year – Latin America
- Museum of Underwater Archaeology (Campeche, Mexico)
- Paracas Museum (Lima, Peru)
New Culture Destinations of the Year – Africa / Middle East
- Louvre Abu Dhabi (Abu Dhabi, UAE)
- YSL Museum (Marrakech, Morocco)
- Zeitz MOCAA (Cape Town, South Africa)
New Culture Destinations of the Year – Asia Pacific
- Yayoi Kusama Museum (Tokyo, Japan)
- Tai Kwun (Hong Kong)
- Design Society, Shekou (Shenzhen, China)
Soft Power Destinations of the Year – Best Activation
- Bursting at the Seams: Philippine Detention Centers, Ayala Museum – (Makati, Philippines)
- Susan Philipz – Who by Fire (Valletta, Malta)
- Deaccessioning to Diversify, Baltimore Museum of Art (Baltimore, USA)
Soft Power Destinations of the Year – Best Cultural Organisation
- Museum of Vancouver (Vancouver, Canada)
- Museum of Tomorrow (Rio de Janeiro, Brazil)
- Louvre Abu Dhabi (Abu Dhabi, UAE)
Soft Power Destinations of the Year – Best Cultural District
- Knowledge Quarter (London, UK)
- Fogo Island (Newfoundland, Canada)
- Maboneng Precinct (Johannesburg, South Africa)
The ‘Climate Smart Award’, presented by SunX
- The Climate Museum (New York, USA)
- The Hangzhou Low Carbon Science & Technology Museum (Hangzhou, China)
- The Science Express (India)
Emerging Culture City of the Year, presented by Avis
- Lisbon (Portugal)
- Medellin (Colombia)
- Abu Dhabi (UAE)
Art Hotel of the Year, presented by Avis
- Le Royal Monceau (Paris, France)
- Chateau La Coste (Le Puy-Sainte-Reparade, France)
- Detroit Foundation Hotel (Detroit, USA)
Best Cultural Nomad of the Year, presented by Avis
- Lost With Purpose
- Petite Passport
- Art Weekenders
- Time Travel Turtle
- Neil Hennessy-Vass
The 2018 Jury
- Touria El Glaoui: Director of 1-54 Contemporary African Art Fair.
- Joe La Placa: Director of The Cardi Gallery, Mayfair.
- Carlo Brandelli: Designer and sculptor.
- Helena Egan: Tourism and place-making specialist.
- Arik Levy: Contemporary Artist.
- Maximiliano Arrocet: Director at Amanda Levete Architects.
- Lutz Henke: Cultural scientist and curator.
- Lisa Hilton: Art Historian and writer.
Subscribe to Our Culture Mag
Join our FREE monthly newsletter.
Thank you for subscribing.
Something went wrong.