The essay is a unique genre of writing, which contributes to students’ creative skills. This kind of work primarily aims to activate educational and cognitive activities, develop the creative potential of individuals, and productive, critical thinking. Unlike other knowledge control and testing methods, the aim is to diagnose the practical, creative component of cognitive activity, which involves analyzing information, interpreting it, creating opinions, comparing facts, approaches, and alternatives, forming conclusions and evaluating the author personally.
The author can give examples, draw parallels, draw analogies, use different associations, and display imagination and fantasy to convey a personal perception of the world. The text can contain the author’s thoughts, lyrical retreats, descriptions, etc.
Sometimes the topic of an essay does not provoke any thoughts. In this situation, you can find the services that can help on essay or search for articles on a similar topic to see what different authors think about this problem.
The aim of the essay, unlike the narrative, is to inform or explain, not to depict or retell a real-life situation dramatically. It achieves its purpose through direct authorial expression, for which it is not necessary to create either fictional characters or a story that connects them. It is a work based on the creative approach of people to the disclosure of the task set in the initial text, which arguments and facts must confirm.
To express themselves, the author provides many examples of parallels, gets analogies, uses associations symbols, makes unprecedented conclusions, and arises unprovoked turns of thought. It is possible to compile large deductions from the author’s works with references to the sources.
The construction of the essay is a statement of the subject based on the classical system of proofs. The absence of rigid compositional schemes creates the effect of genre freedom. Each author defends the objectivity of the whole piece according to an unpredictable plot. In the end, one can speak about compositional and interpersonal harmony, unlike other genres.
Structure of the essay
- Introduction – The essence and substantiation of the choice of the given theme are composed of many components, connected logically and stylistically. At this stage, it is essential to correctly formulate the thesis, which you outline in the central part. Here you are obliged to agree with the author’s idea fully or partially or not. The introduction focuses on the world’s problems, identifying the key issues. It is essential to point out the relevance (significance for the modern society) of the EU problem.
- The central part is the theoretical foundations of the problem in question and the presentation of the vital issue. This part includes the development of arguments and analysis and their substantiation based on existing facts, other proofs, and positions on this issue. The main content of the essay is the analysis of the initial.
- The thesis hypothesis is impossible without looking for references, formulating opposing points of view, finding paradoxical solutions, looking for applications from literature, art literature, from the experience of one’s own life. It is not enough to agree or not to agree with my opinion. It is necessary to continue or to complete them. The arguments must be consistent. Each thought must be supported by evidence.
- In making the article, it is necessary to keep in mind that one paragraph must have only one statement and the corresponding proof, supported by illustrative material.
- Conclusion – is a summary and argumentation that summarizes the essay or clarifies it again, reinforcing the central part’s sense and meaning of what was learned.
Now, go back to the beginning and look at the main problem. Does it look more convincing? Has the statement contained in it become indisputable? Is the answer to the question provided? If so, most of the work has been done successfully. You have mastered how to write an essay and turned your knowledge into an essay that can convince anyone. It remains to take the last step – to prescribe a decent final. Think about the story or metaphor so that the last thesis-proof continues the previous ones and smoothly goes to the end.