Prior to a move, there are numerous factors to be considered, including selecting the appropriate packing materials. Professional movers NYC rely on plastic wraps for packing, particularly when preparing furniture pieces for transportation.
So, what exactly is plastic wrap and when is it the best choice of material?
Plastic wrap definition and use
Plastic wrap is a transparent film that can be stretched and used for wrapping fragile objects when preparing them for relocation. Plastic wrap is a great packing material that can be used alongside other packing materials and equipment such as:
- Wooden crates
- Bubble wrap
- Cardboard or plastic boxes
- Packaging paper
For protecting furniture and other fragile items, plastic wrap is more reliable than bubble wrap. Plastic wrap can be stretched and cut into the size and dimension of the object required to be protected.
Why professional movers depend on plastic wrap
Why do moving companies use plastic wrap? It’s used by professional movers because it is a practical packing material that can be used anywhere. It can be used to protect items such as:
- Pieces of furniture
- Glass objects
Plastic wraps prevent dirt or scratches that could happen during transportation. It can be easily removed and it doesn’t leave marks or residues on objects. Other benefits include:
- Safe: It doesn’t damage any surface and acts as a protective layer between objects and their surrounding environment.
- Recyclable: If you care about nature and the environment, you might want to consider packing materials that can be recycled. This is especially true for plastic wrap as it can be easily recycled.
- Affordable: Plastic wrap is cheap. Moving can be stressful and expensive, hence, it is crucial to find reliable and inexpensive products such as plastic wraps.
- Versatile: Plastic wrap can be used to safeguard a broad assortment of objects in your home. It can shield delicate furniture, kitchenware, glassware, and other fragile household items.
How to use plastic wrap to prep furniture pieces for transportation?
If needed, plastic wraps can be stretched to fit the object to be protected. To use plastic wrap effectively, the item must be cleared, cleaned, and dry before being wrapped. The corners of the furniture could be covered with bubble wrap sheets. After the furniture has been wrapped numerous times, the edges of the wrap should be secured with heavy-duty tape.
Is there an alternative to plastic wrap?
There are a variety of alternatives to wrapping furniture with plastic wraps, although they may not be as reliable or as cheap as plastic wrap. These alternatives include:
- Plastic boxes
- Soft cushioning
You can also consult professional movers to help choose the right packing materials.
The best place to purchase plastic wraps
When getting your furniture ready for packing and moving, you must prepare and purchase all packing supplies prior to the day of relocation. If you hire a team of professional movers, you don’t have to worry about getting packing materials and tools. Professional movers have many tools and special equipment at their disposal to handle any type of move and to care for customers’ valuable possessions. They use plastic wrap to protect delicate objects and also use bubble wrap, soft cushions, wooden crates, and cardboard boxes to prevent any damage during transportation.