There are many reasons why you can part with an old broken car. The first is the trouble that happened — road accidents, floods, vandals. Secondly, an old horse may require attention and costs more than it produces horsepower. But surveys of motorists show another interesting pattern: owners just want to change cars to update their experience. Be that as it may — but what to do with the former car? There are places like this, you just have to watch out for ads like this: “We buy junk cars Jacksonville FL”.
Americans don’t care about changing cars
There are such amorous car owners who drive the same car from youth to old age. Perhaps this is something personal, but such an owner is protected from accidents and floods by higher powers. But for most Americans, a car is not so much a status as a necessity. And if the needs change, then the car also changes. Some events can disrupt this order, but in general, a person always wants to develop and change. This also applies to car use.
1. Growing up
With a change in age, a person does not become better or worse, he simply changes his attitude to life. If earlier it was considered cool to rush at night in violation of the rules on a sports car, now it is a calm daily ride on a familiar route. And for this you do not need a charged engine and a sports suspension, a city sedan is enough.
2. The time has come
No matter how much you love your car and how much you take care of it, metal has a concept of fatigue, and it wears out, or even breaks. The car no longer drives like it used to, and aside from loving it, nothing has improved. So, it’s time to part without tears: the end of one is always the beginning of another.
3. Larger size
When calculating the power, it is customary to add another 20-30 percent to the total number of consumer capacities. In case consumption increases, and devices are upgraded. The same with the family — only there were two people, and already — four. And all together in a small hatchback no longer fit. So, you need a bigger car.
4. In pursuit of prestige
It is widely believed in business circles that dealers during a conversation pay attention to the partner’s glasses, his watch and car. Everyone tends to believe what they want, but if a car is defined as a status thing, then such a thing will change with a change in status. And this change is only for the increase.
5. Desire for new sensations
It is implemented by means of increasing the size — either geometric or power. Tired of sedans — moved to a SUV: you sit high, can see far, drive on the dirt road. Such changes can be for the better not only from a driving point of view, but from a general psychological point. Traveling is also a change of picture and impressions.
Whatever reason you give yours, one question remains: what to do with the car that needs to be replaced? Contact guys like Junk car us, they will find a use for it in the parking lot or at the auction.
Not a junkyard but a museum
After the owner refuses to own a car for any reason, it ends up in a landfill. But it is only called that — in fact, this is an open-air enterprise, where there is its own internal order, and access to outsiders is strictly prohibited. Cars get here in two ways:
- from insurance companies — cars after an accident or floods are assessed by the insurance company and if the repair of the car is approximately equal to the price of the car, it is usually sent to a landfill, and the owner receives compensation
- landfill owners themselves buy junk cars — from private retailers or the same resellers, since both American cars and their spare parts are very popular on online auctions, and there are really a lot of goods in landfills
By type of service junk car dumps are:
- full service — the staff picks up a car or spare parts for the client, consulting the card index, and then helps to disassemble and transport the selected purchases
- self-service — is just a pass to the junkyard with your tools: go and pick up what you want, but without the help of staff
Everything is fair with the price: with service it is more expensive, on your own — cheaper.
Why American junk cars are popular
The quality of roads and fuel, as well as the careful attitude of car owners due to the high price of the service, leads to the fact that the resource of parts after a car breakdown is still quite sufficient. The number of cars in the US is huge, and so is the amount in landfills. It turns out that from this you can choose a lot of good things that will continue to serve people.
The benefits of auction trading are as follows:
- a large selection and constantly updated stocks allow to find exactly what you need — from a small part to a whole car at an affordable price depending on the condition
- the cost of the selected lot will certainly be less than a similar offer from other countries, again, due to the huge volume of the American car market and a fair insurance system
- multilingualism — allows you to master the basic actions on the auction site at a sufficient level for visitors who do not know English
- detailed and honest product information — the auction system is unfriendly to bad sellers, so the likelihood of fraud is low, and the photos are reliable
As for the delivery of a junk car, and in the case of auctions, with a strong desire to do this, but not having the time, you can turn to specialists. For example, Junk Cars US constantly monitors current prices for used cars and adjusts them depending on the region.