The Trinity Buoy Wharf Drawing Prize, now in its 30th year, announced its 2023 award winners, who will receive prizes worth £27,000.
In the open call for the Trinity Buoy Wharf Drawing Prize 2023, over 3,000 submissions from 1,450 applicants from 40 countries were received. 123 drawings by 111 practitioners were selected for inclusion in the Trinity Buoy Wharf Drawing Prize 2023 exhibition based on this remarkable outpouring of contemporary drawing practice worldwide.
An awards announcement was held on Thursday, 28 September 2023, at Trinity Buoy Wharf in London, revealing the five award winners.
- First Prize of £8,000: Jeanette Barnes, New Battersea Tube Station & Developments , 2023, Compressed charcoal on paper, 150 x 213cm.
- Second Prize of £5,000: Victoria Hunter McKenzie, Tasha brought us Guinneps , 2022, charcoal, graphite on paper, 41 x 30.5cm.
- Student Award of £2,000: Peter Blodau, El Kobri Maadi , 2023, charcoal on paper, 60 x 40cm.
- Evelyn Williams Drawing Award of £10,000 and solo exhibition at Hastings Contemporary: Isabel Rock, Our Cell , 2022, biro on paper, 43 x 53cm.
- Working Drawing Award of £2,000: Ade Olaosebikan, Reconstituted planes – The Barcelona Pavilion Reimagined 1 and 2, 2023, a digital drawing, 59 x 42cm, and a drawing made with a technical pencil on tracing paper, 84 x 59cm.