On Thursday, 12th October, Prof. Jimmy Choo’s Mayfair-based JCA London Fashion Academy will present its MA designers cohort following last year’s runway show.
Stephen Smith, founder and CEO of the JCA commented: “We are so excited to participate in this years’ London Frieze Week and where better than to host in our beautiful Mayfair campus at 20 Hanover Square. Our learners were previewed during an amazing charity ICON show during London Fashion Week and we now get to see their launch collections. The JCA show is truly the interconnection between arts and business given we have been able to incubate our graduating cohort, from idea to final presentation.”
At three storeys of the JCA’s Grade I Period Building, doors will open at 3 pm. Residents will be welcomed by a pianist.
On the first floor, the seven MA designers will each have their dedicated room to display their collections, with each area thoughtfully designed to immerse attendees in the designer’s unique vision. The JCA MA Graduates in Fashion Entrepreneurship in Design and Brand Innovation include:
- Polly McEvitt, founder of the eponymous brand, focuses on avant-garde designs, with whimsical embellishments and intricate details, and each garment helps the wearer express their individuality and self-expression.
- Olivia Black, the founder of the eponymous brand, is a sustainable label centered on genderless designs and the use of upcycled materials and deadstock to create unique collections.
- Mariam Saeed, founder of “Location-em”, aims to step in to fill the gap in modest fashion, by offering occasionwear dresses. The brand, born from Mariam’s challenge when seeking appropriate attire, provides a modern style without compromising personal values and beliefs.
- Saleha Hussain, founder of “Yasmin”, a luxury streetwear brand that redefines modest fashion by fusing contemporary and modesty and prioritizes ethical manufacturing and sustainable practices. The label combines modest silhouettes and vibrant colours, to be styled for different occasions.
- Rocio Sánchez, is a brand designed with women in mind, with the aim to inspire them to embrace their uniqueness. The collection emphasizes the importance of sustainability and inclusivity.
- Meryem Bertal, founder of “Unbound”, a trailblazing brand at the intersection of dance and style. The collection featured cutting-edge materials and techniques, for exceptional comfort and durability, aimed at revolutionising the world of dancewear across various genres.
- Aaiyma Masoud, founder of AAIYMA Creative Studio, is dedicated to artistic innovation and technical expertise. Inspired by geometrical shapes and three-dimensionality, the brand aims to push the boundaries and inspire individuals to embrace their uniqueness and express themselves through extraordinary sartorial choices.