One of the best films of 2023, Oppenheimer follows the story of New York-born scientist J. Robert Oppenheimer and his crucial role in developing the devastating atomic bomb, also known under the name of the Manhattan Project.
As one of the most masterful pieces created by director Christopher Nolan, Oppenheimer delivered a formidable challenge to its summer rival Barbie when it got nominated for thirteen Oscars, including for Best Achievement in Directing for Christopher Nolan, which Greta Gerwig missed out on.
Here are the best quotes from Oppenheimer.
- Caption: Prometheus stole fire from the gods and gave it to man. For this he was chained to a rock and tortured for eternity.
- Lewis Strauss: Amateurs seek the sun. Get eaten. Power stays in the shadows.
- J. Robert Oppenheimer: Now I am become Death, the destroyer of worlds.
- J. Robert Oppenheimer: They won’t fear it until they understand it. And they won’t understand it until they’ve used it. Theory will take you only so far.
- J. Robert Oppenheimer: Since when are you British? Klaus Fuchs: Since Hitler told me I wasn’t German.
- J. Robert Oppenheimer: I don’t know if we can be trusted with such a weapon. But I know the Nazis can’t.
- Albert Einstein: When they’ve punished you enough, they’ll serve you salmon and potato salad, make speeches, give you a medal, and pat you in the back telling all is forgiven. Just remember, it won’t be for you… it would be for them.
- Kitty Oppenheimer: You don’t get to commit sin, and then ask all of us to feel sorry for you when there are consequences.
- Niels Bohr: Is it big enough? J. Robert Oppenheimer: To end the war? Niels Bohr: To end all war.
- Kitty Oppenheimer: You think because you let them tar and feather you that the world will forgive you? They won’t.
- J. Robert Oppenheimer: Mr. President. I feel that I have blood on my hands.
- Lewis Strauss: Genius is no guarantee of wisdom. How could this man who saw so much be so blind?
- Niels Bohr: You are the man who gave them the power to destroy themselves. And the world is not prepared.
- Isidor Rabi: You drop a bomb, and it falls on the just and the unjust. I don’t wish the culmination of three centuries of physics to be a weapon of mas
- Edward Teller: Would the Japanese surrender if they knew what was coming?s destruction.