Fashion needn’t be a forgotten element while shredding the slopes. Snowboarders no longer blend in with the snow thanks to the inclusion of bold colors and funky and fun patterned clothing and accessories. Sure, the day is all about jumps, tricks, and making an impression with the board, although doing it in style is much more exciting. When you’re looking to bring fashion onto the slopes, choose pieces like hiking boots and high-performance jackets made by Arc’teryx. The brand’s stylish pieces include the features and functionality needed for snowboarding success. Want to know how to dress for success while standing out in the snow? This blog post is for you!
Stand Out in the Snow
Gone are the days when snowboarders blended in with the snow due to lackluster, unflattering outerwear and footwear. Snowboarders nowadays prefer hitting the slopes wearing comfortable clothing douting bold colors and patterns that help them stand out in a crowd. This allows snowboarders to express their individuality while adding a layer of visibility which can be beneficial if there’s an accident or other mishap.
Every snowboarder should start their adventure wearing the following essentials:
- Snowboard Pants -Waterproof, insulated pants
- Base Layers -Thermal tops and bottoms
- Snowboard Jacket -Choose a jacket specially designed for snowboarding to keep you protected from the elements
- Mid-Layers -a softshell jacket or vest adds warmth
- Boots -Study, supportive, food-fitting boots safeguard any snowboarding adventure
- Socks -Specially designed outdoor socks provide thick, moisture-wicking features that cushion and protect the feet
- Bindings – Bindings attach the boots to the snowboard
- Helmet -A helmet designed to protect your head and create warmth is part of a well-equipped snowboarders outfit
- Goggles – Googles protect the eyes from harmful UV rays
- Gloves – A par of waterproof, insulated gloves protects hands from the elements and prevents problems like frostbite
Shirts, pants, and jackets come in loud colors like orange, pink, and green, and fun patterns like geometric circles and animal shapes. If you can imagine it, you can find clothing with the pattern. Snowboarders who wear clothing that reflects their style seem to embody the entire experience on the slopes.
Never be afraid to ‘go there,’ picking pieces that help you feel your best. As a phenomenal snowboarder, you deserve the extra toot of your horn. Never hesitate to experiment with any tool that may improve your tricks and jumps on the slopes, including your clothing.
As long as you’re equipped with the essentials from the list above, you are well-prepared for a snowboarding adventure and can easily adhere the pieces to your particular fashion style.
Dress for Snowboarding Success
Snowboarders cannot wear everyday pieces while skiing on the slopes. Climate and weather conditions won’t allow it, although pieces made specifically for outdoor activities like snowboarding can still provide a sense of fashion style while protecting outdoor enthusiasts.
Outdoor wear companies focus on creating and selling clothing designed to handle the rugged outdoors and associated conditions and elements. Always choose specialized pieces of clothing and outerwear for snowboarding adventures.
A few pointers that help snowboarders maintain fashion while protecting themselves from the elements:
- Base layers: Base layers like t-shirts should made from moisture-wicking, breathable fabrics keep you dry and comfortable while on the slopes. Base layers should fit snugly but not so tight that moving around becomes difficult. Colorful and stylish base lawyers add a touch of fashion to your outfit.
- Layering: Layering clothing when you’re snowboarding is important. Weather conditions and climate change throughout the day and without notice with adverse weather conditions occur. Always wear a fleece-lined or insulated snowboarding jacket (depending on the season) Remember, temperatures decrease at higher elevations. It may seem comfortable at level ground but that changes higher up.
- The All-Important Snowboard Jacket: As mentioned, the snowboard jacket is one of the most important items boarders need during their outdoor excursions. The jacket provides warmth and can easily be removed so you do not overheat. Choose a lightweight, waterproof jacket that protects you from the elements. A jacket with taped seams prevents water seepage. You can find plenty of jackets with bold colors and unique patterns to help continue your snowboarding fashion style.
- Accessorize Your Style: You can still accessorize your look while snowboarding by choosing a helmet that reflects your style or by adding personalized slogans, graphics, or stickers to your gear. Lenses with mirrored tints are especially popular in the world of outdoor sports.
- Protect Your Hands: Protecting your hands is essential while outdoors in extreme weather conditions such as those associated with snowboarding. Frostbite can happen within minutes if hands are not protected. A good pair of gloves makes a tremendous difference in body temperature and reduces the odds of developing frostbite. Choose gloves that are waterproof, insulated, and offer a good grip. You’ll find a variety of gloves in patterns and unique textures to help complement your vibrant gear. Coordinate the items to look your very best.
- Footwear: Protecting feet from the elements is important to snowboarding success. Specialized boots designed for the slopes provide support and comfort. Chosen carefully, boots can also coordinate with other pieces and help reflect your style. Prioritize your footwear, ensuring they properly fit and provide the utmost comfort.
Do not rush when searching for snowboard clothing that keeps you safe and meets your style. It is easy to buy the first pieces that come along and hope for the best, not taking into account that quality and style differ from one brand to the next. Take time to research brands and pieces to find those that inspire and protect you.
Fashion is important when gearing up for the slopes, although safety is always a top priority and should not be sacrificed for style. Remember, many pieces provide both protection and style. Look for such pieces and gear and ensure you look your best while protecting your safety any time you head out to the slopes.