The record-breaking horror film It currently stands in ninth place worldwide for the highest grossing film of the year.
Whilst many realised the potential ‘It’ had after its rather successful opening weekend, no one expected this amount of success at the box office. With social media exploding with memes and jokes surrounding the film’s story and characters, the impact has been clear the box office. As of now the film currently stands in ninth place worldwide for the highest grossing film of 2017.
‘It’ has managed to bag an impressive $606 million worldwide, and is still going strong at the box office as it managed to hang onto the fifth place at Tuesday’s box office. Currently, the film is shy of $10.1 million to take over James Mangold’s beloved ‘Logan’ which currently stands at $616.8 million worldwide. ‘It’ has also recently taken over ‘Transformers: The Last Knight’ which has grossed an impressive $605.4 million worldwide.
2017 Top Worldwide Grossing Films (as of 12/10/2017)
- Beauty and the Beast (2017) – $1,263.4 m
- The Fate of the Furious – $1,235.8 m
- Despicable Me 3 – $1,025.4 m
- Spider-Man: Homecoming – $879.1 m
- Wolf Warrior 2 – $870.3 m
- Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 2 – $863.6 m
- Wonder Woman – $821.2 m
- Pirates of the Caribbean: Dead Men Tell No Tales – $794.7 m
- Logan – $616.8 m
- It – $606.7 m