When to Turn to Legal Professionals for Immigration Issues

    There are many online magazines that give you information about the latest news and reviews having to do with fashion, travel, and lifestyle, but what about the latest news and reviews for immigration laws? You can use resources like https://iasservices.org.uk/ to find a good immigration attorney for issues like a work visa or married visa

    How do I find an attorney?

    You can find attorneys by using resources like the AILA, getting recommendations from friends or family who have also used legal professionals for immigration issues, or simply by finding registered attorneys in your state that come highly recommended.

    What will it cost me?

    The cost of working with an immigration attorney will vary based on your case. Most immigration attorneys, because it is a complicated Federal matter, will charge you a flat fee based on the type of help you need. Work visas might come in a flat fee of a few thousand dollars while marriage visas or spouse visas might come at $5,000 or higher depending on the situation. You can expect to pay a few hundred dollars for the initial consultation during which time you can figure out what the charges will be for your situation moving forward.

    What laws impact my case?

    Immigration law takes place at a federal level so that means that no matter which state you live in or work in or want to move to, an immigration attorney handles all documents for federal court. That said, there are many federal laws and state laws that can impact your case even if you already got approval for a work visa or are currently living on a green card.

    Criminal charges

    Criminal charges can have the biggest impact on your case. Generally speaking, if you are not a citizen and you get convicted of a crime, that conviction might be grounds for deportation. This is entirely based on your situation and the type of crime. If you were convicted of a DUI, for example, but you have no other history of criminal Behavior, you might be able to continue with your work visa and live in the United States. By comparison if you were convicted of murder, chances are you will be deported and you may not be allowed back into the United States for a specific amount of time.

    If you find yourself facing criminal charges, even if you have yet to be convicted, you should absolutely reach out to an immigration attorney to see what impact those charges or convictions may or may not have on your situation.

    Marriage or Divorce

    Family is another area that impacts your case. Even if you already have a Visa, changes to your marital status might require you to submit another application for a different type of Visa. Most people only think of spousal visas for married couples, but in the United States you might also get a Visa just when you’re engaged. There are also plenty of cases where getting a divorce might have an impact on your situation especially if you were the person who had the spousal visa and your now ex is the person who has citizenship. These are also situations where you should consider speaking with a qualified immigration attorney to figure out whether you need to change your status and if so what document you have to submit as a result.

    There are other family matters which can change the status of your immigration benefits or your current visa and that includes children. If you have children, you might have to update your status or update their status. These are all situations where an attorney can give you advice on what to do next.

    Illegal Stays

    If you are currently staying in a country undocumented, and you want to transition to a legal status, good attorneys can review your situation and let you know what the chances are of doing so successfully, whether you have to leave that country before you come back, and what prohibitions you might face with reentry.

    How attorneys can help

    No matter what your circumstances immigration attorneys can help you mitigate the risk of filling out the wrong form, failing to include the right documentation, or otherwise making a mistake. They can also help you expedite the efficiency of your case, reducing how long it takes your application to be processed by an average of 6 weeks. Highly trained professionals can give you a mediate advice, help you fill out the right application, prepare you for interviews, and ensure you know what to expect next.

    Arts in one place.

    All of our content is free, if you would like to subscribe to our newsletter or even make a small donation, click the button below.

    People are Reading